Sunday

Weekend Flu Package





I try to take care of myself, I really do. In fact, I feel like I spend most of my time when I'm not working or dancing, doing just that. I eat well, I always wear a scarf outside in the winter, always wear slippers or socks inside, wash my hands, take my vitamins, stay active. So WHY am I sick for the third time this winter?!?!? Rex Arrow thinks it's stress and my body asking me to slow down. So this weekend, that's exactly what I did. I bundled up on the couch and read and read until I finished The History of Love, a beautiful and endearing novel that my brother (writer Nick Bakshi) gave me for Christmas. I watched Mad Men. I drank Theraflu(a last resort), lots of tea with honey, and ate grapefruits like an Olympic champion. I took a bath. Ahhh. And, best of all, when I regained my appetite, Rex took me to a dinner at my favorite restaurant, the cozy Vinegar Hill House, where I had Pulled Pork Cannelloni and Guinness Chocolate Cake w/cream cheese frosting for dessert. I certainly feel well rested, but I'm already antsy about when I can get back into dance class and move my body around. I finally feel that flu-y ache leaving my body, but I know I should take it real slow, I want to get better for good!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope my dreams include Pulled Pork Cannelloni and Guinness Chocolate Cake w/cream cheese frosting tonight. YUM.

Anonymous said...

I loved that book! She is married to Jonathan Safran Foer, and their styles are very similar: colorful and bittersweet.

Anonymous said...

you're like the energizer bunny! keeps going and going and going. I'm glad you stopped to get well again.
love and miss you

Catie

Jules said...

Thanks Catie!! I miss you too, when I'm better I'd love to have you over for dinner again! xo

Akiko said...

Are we have on the same reading schedule? I just read The History of Love too! I agree with the comment about how her style of writing is very reminiscent of JSF's. They both have the imagination of an eight year old.

Your blog is gorgeous; there's something so clean and soothing about it. Keep writing!

& Glad you're feeling better. :)

Jules said...

Thanks Akiko!

I'm serious about a Keeks+Jules book group...

slash I just want to hang out with you.

xoxo