Sunday

Spotlight: Vanessa Yurkevich

There are times when I feel like I'm doing my part in this world, or at least trying to. And then there are times when someone my age comes along and really shows the rest of us how much more action we could be taking. My dear friend Vanessa Yurkevich is one such person. Vanessa just got back from Haiti, where she was covering the earthquake for Y1 News/ NY1. Take a minute to check out her beautiful video-journals of the trip. When I see young people making work as meaningful as this, I can't help but be inspired to want to do more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's the part that you're doing for the world exactly? writing about expensive cheese and boutiques in new york city?

Jules said...

In addition to volunteering at orphanages in India, researching microlending projects, and working for an exemplary environmentally conscious company that sustains organic farms all over the world... yes, I also take interest in cheese and buying re-purposed clothing at the Brooklyn Flea Market, among other things.

Unknown said...

Keep ugly comments to yourself anonymous. Keep it constructive or keep out.

Samantha

Unknown said...

Your first snarky/negative post means you've finally made it in blogland. hooray!

Jules said...

I'm controversial!

Anonymous said...

This is too funny. That person's comment clearly totally backfired!