Wednesday

Death by Cheese? Yes Please!

I'm totally into Michael Pollan's whole "eat food, not too much, mostly plants" thing. It works for me on most levels, and I have always found that eating this way makes me feel the most energized and healthy. However, I'm not entirely sure this basic principle leaves enough room for my favorite animal by-product, CHEESE!( Which I've been consuming in copious quantities recently). From my new favorite St. Andre, to my go-to Port Salut, to the foul smelling but oh-so-perfect TĂȘte de Moine, I have a place in my heart (and stomach) for practically every cheese. You can imagine my delight when I found out about the Milk Truck, a new food stand specializing in gourmet GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES that's popped up at the Brooklyn Flea. Did you catch that? Oh the joy that fills me! The Brooklyn Flea is already my favorite BK shopping/ people-watching hub (YES, I was there when Reese, Jake, Maggie, and Peter had their Sunday celeb outing in DUMBO this summer) but the new addition is calling me to return as soon as possible, to nurture and tend to my love of cheese in the very best form imaginable... grilled and sandwiched.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

take me with you?!?!?!

Jules said...

I thought you'd never ask!

Carly said...

NO, TAKE ME!!! please please please.

cwalthall said...

Me TOO! P.S. Irish cheese is greattt! Take me when I'm back! I miss grilled cheese. And you ladies!