Tuesday

New Year, New Girl, Same Dress

Who cares that I wore the same dress this new years eve that I wore last year? Last n.y.e., I threw big bash at my parents house, and people from all circles of my life were there to celebrate. At that point, everything felt certain, I was about to graduate, and I was still in the comfort of my parents' home surrounded by familiar faces. This year, I am living on my own, starting my own dance company, working from home, running to and from rehearsals with other companies. Life is crazy, and I like it that way (for the most part). It seems fitting that I started my new years eve at a dinner with new friends in a beautiful Brooklyn apartment, and then went to a party where I hardly knew anybody, but reunited with an old friend from France who I haven't seen in 6 years. The nights couldn't have been more different, but somehow, they both felt right for where I am/was in my life. Here are some resolutions to help me be "where I am", better, and some to help me get to where I want to be.

1. Wake up earlier.
2. Dance/Yoga at least 4 times a week (excluding rehearsals).
3. Start saving/ stop cabbing.
4. Suck it up and join the Park Slope Food Coop.
5. Start riding my bike again as soon as it unfreezes outside.
6. Make alone time for me: making dances, tree sculptures, taking pictures, cooking, reading, writing.
7. Wear my clothes (moving from home to rehearsals and back sometimes makes it hard to remember to dress like a human).
8. Buy less/ buy re-used and re-purposed!
9. Practice my French.
10. Keep traveling.


What are yours?


PS. My dress is the one with the draped shoulder in the upper right corner!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really need to include resolutions 1, 3, 5, 8, and 10 in my life.

Anonymous said...

I. Love. That. Dress.

The post is good too ;)

Jules said...

BCBG from last fall, mines black, a perfect lbd.

Carly Blitz said...

I am going to take 1,2,3,5, and 7 (oh yes, 7). Thanks for being such an inspiration, my love.
P.S. I have a new post dedicated to your homeland :)

Unknown said...

All of those resolutions ring near and dear to my heart...I am so inspired by you, I am tearing up. You are so awesome and amazing:)Never change