Friday

Norwegian Wood

If you asked most of my friends and family who or what has inspired me the most creatively, they would probably be able to tell you that it is the work of author Haruki Murakami. They would know that because I created an evening length dance-theater piece my senior year at Barnard inspired by his work (with the very talented producer Julia Bloch), but also because I recommend and gift his books to the people I love. Murakami writes in spirals, and he creates parallel universes in which people are like us, except that they are more connected to things from which we are often detached: dreams, ghosts, spirits, states of being. I couldn't be more excited about the upcoming screen adaptation of his novel Norwegian Wood, it looks like it's going to be magical!

Thanks to Rex for sharing this :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wind up bird multimedia dvd experience coming soon!