Wednesday

Nesting





First, I started working on my next piece of choreography, in which I envisioned the dancers building a nest on stage. Shortly thereafter, I was overcome by a desire to decorate my new bedroom as a bird's nest. Not with real twigs and leaves per se, but definitely faux bois and bird print bedding, and photographs of trees, and cozy nooks and crannies. Needless to say, this motif is playing quite an important role in my life right now. Above are some things I am using as visual references, both for my home design and my work. As my friend Nichole from littlebrownpen said when I told her about my nesting, "life really does imitate art!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are already so great at making a nest!

nichole said...

I love these picks! I have so many cool things from etsy that I saved. I'll send you the links.

Jules said...

Please do! I loved your bark print lamp... so cool.

Anonymous said...

Jules! I was in Anthropologie the other day and I thought of you! It's so your style: random and beautiful.

Jenny said...

I love this:
A nest is that in-between place that is inside outside - my favorite place!