Saturday

<3Home Grown<3



On a short visit to my parents house in Montclair, NJ last week I invited my grandparents, Gary and Irene Sanderson (known to me as Grampa and Glam) to come to DUMBO to see my neighborhood. They are very cool people: Grampa collects antique bicycles and rode a high wheel bicycle across the country only a few years ago, and he and Glam have ridden a tandem all over the world! It was no surprise that they jumped on the chance to explore my neighborhood with me, given their youthful and adventurous spirits. So, after picking some veggies from my mothers garden (shown above), Grampa, Glam, and I hopped in the car, drove out to DUMBO, and had a lovely picnic in the park under the bridges. I even took them to the Brooklyn Flea, where they took interest in some old maps and bicycle paraphernalia. I visit my grandparents pretty regularly in their home or my parents home, but sharing my world with them was a really special experience- for all of us. Now that my sublet is up in DUMBO, I think Glam and Grampa are pretty excited for an invitation to see my next neighborhood: Park Slope here we come!

No comments: