Friday

Inspiring me to do good: 1 Dress 365 Days.

Wow, people can be so awesome sometimes. I just found out about The Uniform Project on twitter, and I am kind if in awe of what a great idea it is. "The Project" was created by Sheena Matheiken and Eliza Starbuck as "a non-profit mission that takes on creative projects that advocate sustainability and social responsibility." Cool. But what's even more awesome is the way these girls are getting their message across. Sheena will wear the same dress (designed by Eliza) everyday for a whole year, using her sense of style along with hand- me-downs, vintage finds, and donations of accessories, to make it work in 365 different ways.

The point is to get people interested (success!) and to raise money for The Akanksha Foundation, an organization committed to funding the education of children in India's slums. After having worked at The Vatsalya Foundation, an organization for homeless slum children in Mumbai, when I was 16, this whole thing really struck a chord with me. Now I feel like it's my turn to think of something creative to raise money for them. Any ideas?

No comments: