Tuesday

Today's Inspiration: Special Delivery from Japan

This weekend my father surprised me with two tickets to see the piano prodigy Aimi Kobayashi play at Carnegie Hall. She is 15 years old now, but I saw her play first when she was 7. It was and is surreal to watch her, as if she is receiving the notes from somewhere else. I've actually never seen anything like it.


And on a completely different note, but also from Japan, I am super into this music video by Genki Studio, it's definitely inspiring me to choreograph some site specific moves in industrial locations!
via Black Eiffel

2 comments:

xoxo, XO said...

If only my piano teacher had shown me this video when I was slacking on the practice. Thanks for sharing.

Jules said...

Right? It makes me feel REALLY unaccomplished to watch her. But, probably all the practice in the world doesn't make someone that good, it's a gift.