Thursday

post-show partum

Last weekend I had the honor of performing at St. Marks Church, alongside my brilliant choreographer Douglas Dunn, no less. St. Mark's, or Dancespace, as it's called now, is a prestigious venue where I've seen a handful of performances since I was about 12 years old, so it was a big weekend for me! One of the highlights was being on stage (well, just off to the side) for Douglas's solo to the song, "Goodbye" by Emmylou Harris. He is a remarkably captivating performer...I could watch him just walk around the stage for hours. Seeing Douglas dance his own specific movement to such a heartbreaking song had most of the audience tearing up, to be sure. The end of a performance always seems to bring with it a post-show letdown, no matter how short the run. This week I've already jumped right into two new exciting projects, one with Daniel Gwirtzman, and another with the Tze Chun Dance Company, but I am definitely missing Douglas's cast, and feeling the inevitable sadness of the show's end.

1 comment:

Devika said...

Beautiful show, lovely post.
Thanks for having us around to witness it all, Jules.