Monday

Sandeep, Forgive Me

My cousin, Sandeep, hates it when my brother and I post stuff on our blogs that he would rather keep just for us. But I think in this case we would all be really amped if the band Braids blew up big time, because they are that good and I want it for them. Let me 'splain. Last night Sandeep and Carly and I went to Music Hall of Williamsburg to see Toro y Moi. We thought the show was going to start at 9:00, but when we got there we found out that Toro y Moi wouldn't go on until 10:45. Having NO desire to sit through two bad opening bands, we talked about bailing. BUT THEN Adventure came on, and they were rad. We decided to stay. And then, Braids happened. We all looked at each other as if we knew were seeing something awesome. Like, Arcade Fire good. Meets Do Make Say Think & The Cranberries & Joanna Newsome & Yeasayer and all THAT kind of good. Toro y Moi was excellent too, but Braids definitely stole the show. A delightful surprise! This NY Times article about them is right-on too.

No comments: