Tuesday

It's My Party


It's that time of year again friends, my favorite holiday of the year: MY BIRTHDAY! If you're reading this, you are probably my room-mate, or related to me, which means you already know how much joy birthdays bring in my life. If you are new to The Green Room, feel free to reference last year's b-day post to get a better idea. Now, what with all the excitement of this occasion, there is an element I often overlook or ignore, which I like to call the birthday blues. No matter how great a birthday is, or how much fun I have, there are definitely a few moments during the birthday week when I am struck with the nostalgia for years passed, the idea that we're all getting older and everything changes, and the inevitable self-reflection...where was I last year? Five years ago? Am I where I want to be today? The answer to the last question, thankfully, is yes! I am where I want to be. But the fact remains that sometimes all of the things birthdays bring up can be overwhelming. I felt a little lame for experiencing the birthday blues in the midst of all my bday happiness and love from friends and fam, but today I heard this song and I realized, it's my birthday, I can feel how I wanna feel!

No comments: