Monday

Spotlight: Caroline Silver

My dear friend Cal Silver is spending the year in Glendive, Montana through Americorp, as a volunteer to help bring the "farm to table" movement back to the state. At one time, Montana produced 70% of what its residents ate (talk about eating local!) and Cal's job is to work with farmers and the community to reinstate the movement, which will provide the residents with a healthier, more sustainable local food chain. Cal, a smart and savvy graduate of Barnard College, chose to literally get her hands dirty to make a difference in the Glendive community, and will probably see the results of her work extend far beyond that! I would say good for her for spending her time farming instead of blogging, but guess what, Cal's got a blog too! What can I say? She's a phenomenal woman. I guess that's why the Billings Gazette created this short video of her on the job, an inspiration to us all!

2 comments:

JBT said...

Hey Jules! May I recommend changing your linked text color...not until I rolled over the article could I tell that you had included the link to Cal's blog.

Love the posts!
JB

Jules said...

Actually, I thought it could be kind of like a "Where's Waldo Activity Blog"...

Totally kidding, that's an excellent suggestion JB, I'm changing it now. Thanks for reading!