Monday

Crazy For Kale

Believe it or not, I hadn't tried kale until this past summer, when my friend Shae made it in a delicious recipe from Real Simple. I was instantly turned on to the earthy flavor, and actually found myself craving it for dinner! One evening recently Julia invited me over and was in the middle of tossing a big bowl of kale, which she served up for me to try. HEAVEN in a little ceramic bowl. She told me that it was simple: Steam kale, sprinkle with Ume Plum Vinegar, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Too yummie and refreshing for words! Julia and I enjoyed our bowls of kale with crackers and St. Andre (my new favorite bree-like cheese) and a glass of red. The next day, I headed to whole foods and purchased the needed ingredients- which were inexpensive and way worth it. The recipe is sooo easy and was made into a delicate, flavorful, and healthy meal with just a few basic additions. Sometimes, after a hard day, a balanced and stress free meal and a glass of wine is the best thing on the menu, and this meal definitely hits the spot.

1 comment:

JBT said...

Actually, I got this recipe from Elana over at http://www.elanaspantry.com. She has lots of yummy, healthful, gluten-free recipes!