Wednesday

Wonder Wall

                                             
                                       
 How great are these prints by Brooklyn based artist Jacqueline Schmidt? Emily Faulkner, an awesome choreographer I'm working with, has a set of nine in her home/studio where we rehearse, and I am always captivated by them.  I feel like the images are a perfect balance of whimsy and earnestness, an expression I can relate to closely.  In the midst of trying to be all grown up I am often overcome with childlike wonder. On a rough day I'll seek comfort in small things that spark my imagination: a colorful knotted rug, tea leaves floating in a glass pot, a rusting pastel car, a toadstool.  Is that me looking so forlorn next to the kangaroo and mint mid-century rocker?

Ps. Bonus! The artist is also a modern dancer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these! Thanks.