Thursday

Slow Fall


I've been feeling pretty sappy the past few days. Autumn almost always makes me really nostalgic and reflective, which can be positive in a lot of ways, but it's also bittersweet. A year out of college I still mark the new year by the school calendar, so I suppose that has something to do with it. When I think back on the past year, I realize absolutely EVERYTHING in my life has changed. The one steady thing, my rock, has been dancing, and I've been lucky enough to able to work with two really amazing companies this year, Douglas Dunn and Dancers, as well as the Matthew Westerby Company. Next week I'm going on tour with the Matthew Westerby Company and we've all been spending a lot of time in the studio preparing. When I went in yesterday, I was feeling kind of blue, but after a few minutes talking with Matthew and the dancers and I felt instantly lighter. No matter how tired I am, no matter what I'm going through-- going into the studio and rehearsing with these companies never fails to bring me so much joy and fulfillment. In gratitude to my job and all of the wonderful people I get to work with, I am posting this video of Matthew's gorgeous and heartbreaking duet "Slow Fall".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome. I'm glad the experience helped. Everything will work out - maybe not right away but it will, these things have a habit of resolving themselves. I know I have the benefit of hindsight in my situation, but the solution will be oh so apparent when its meant to be... Thanks for re-posting the video. See you Sunday! xx

-Matthew