Wednesday

Cooped Up

Okay. I'm home from India. No more excuses. No more excuses for not blogging, or not cleaning my room, or for not joining the Park Slope Food Coop. Oh wait, actually, I do have an excuse for that one. I HAVE been meaning to get over to the Food Coop, pay my $100.00 initiation fee, and enjoy first rate produce and groceries at a discounted rate, in addition to becoming a part of a community of greenies like me. Woo! And all this, JUST for working 2 hrs and 45 minutes a month! What a great idea. Yes, well, as the saying goes, apparently every rose has its thorn... or something- because I just read this detailed account of how one well meaning young woman flunked miserably out of the seemingly easy-pass food coop, and all of a sudden I'm having second thoughts. Who knew that if you have to miss your shift that you have to make it up with two shifts before the time of your next shift? I can see how the cycle could spiral out of control. What if I have an emergency rehearsal? What if my boss calls as I'm leaving the house for my shift? What if I JUST FORGET ONE DAY?!!??!? All this pondering to say, I'm just not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment. I want to be. Just like I want to be a puppy owner, I am telling you I really want it. BUT, as my mother would say, this is a bigger decision than I may have originally thought, and so I think it's worthwhile to take my time in making it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a racket.

MOM said...

Always heed your mother!