Saturday

Robert Rauschenberg Residency, Captiva Island

Have I ever been this happy? Will I ever be this happy again?

                          
                                       Outside my very own beach house. Photo by Laurie Lambrecht 2013. 

In creative residency at the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation on Captiva Island, I ask myself this question daily. As an artist based in NYC it's a completely novel experience to have a team of people tell me that what I do is not only important but necessary.  For this team of people to then insist on arranging whatever it is that my collaborators and I need to be the most prolific artists we can be, whether it's special equipment, dietary preferences, or space to rehearse--well, this notion  has been blowing my mind on a regular basis since my arrival two weeks ago. Feeling so grateful for this time, this beautiful wild place, this residency set up by a man I never met, whose happiness came from the same heart space mine does: making art, collaborating, spending time in nature. Sigh.  

Dancing in the main studio.
My living room.
Paul as art.
Kira outside of Fish House.
Inside of Fish House (David Byrne stayed here).
Kira, Josh, and Paul
Kira Blazek, Charles Atlas, Me, Grazia Della-Terza, Douglas Dunn, Jin Ju Song-Begin, and Paul Singh
Photo by Laurie Lambrecht 2013


No comments: