Tuesday

BAM's Amazing April Fools' Joke


I think.

Somehow, before going to see Einstein on The Beach at BAM this fall, I did not get the memo that it was five hours long with no intermission. Thankfully audience members could come and go as they pleased. Alex and I left after the first half of the show, had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Olea, and returned to see a section where a 30 foot rectangular fluorescent column moves from vertical to horizontal over the course of 45 minutes.  We stayed through the end of the show in spite of our 2013 attention spans (the original premiered in 1976), and left the theater walking in very very slow motion, trying not to giggle, until an usher asked if I was okay. Although I'm pretty sure this is a hilarious April Fools' joke,  I  wouldn't be surprised if Baby Einstein on The Beach at BAM gets young Brooklyners more jazzed than the original . If they dare to make it, I will come.

No comments: