Thursday

Lilikoi


Rex just showed me this video and I have to say it hit my wanderlust where it hurts. I haven't REALLY traveled in a while
and I'm getting antsy. (Visiting my Grandparents in India was technically traveling, but my ability to adventure and explore was limited). I've been tossing around some romantic ideas, (Vodka Train from Beijing to Moscow anyone?) but those subway ads for Iceland are really winning me over. The cheap airfares are just one reason to go though, the other is Sigur Ros, the magical Icelandic band that sings gorgeous songs about nature and all number of whimsical things. The lead singer Jónsi has a solo album coming out, and Lilikoi, which apparently means "passion fruit" in Icelandic, is the track/video that really struck me. The footage at the beginning is from Iceland, a unique place in that its natural beauty remains widely untouched. Most of all, it shows people around the world embracing life passionately, and it's making me want to take a journey!

1 comment:

tsmag said...

are you friends with roxy buskin/did you see her pictures of iceland? it looks AMAZINGGGGGG i really want to go!!