Monday

LOHAS

Last Tuesday I attended my first ever LOHAS event at the opening of Greendepot in the East Village. LOHAS, an acronym for lifestyles of health and sustainability, is an organization of entrepreneurs whose businesses are committed to sustainability, well-being, social justice, and the environment. The event brought about 100 business owners and eco-chic press people together in celebration of the new home depot for the socially conscious and environmentally sound shopper. Several LOHAS company owners made speeches, including one by Ute Leube, founder of Amala Skincare (and incidentally, my new employer!) The products at Greendepot range from bamboo soil alarm clocks to safe organic cleaning products, "found art" home decor (seen above), and it even features the only no-VOC paint bar in Manhattan. So, if and when I can actually afford to move into my own apt. and do it up nice and green, I'll know where to go!
Learn more about Greendepot here.

No comments: