Monday

Big Easy Rain



I went to New Orleans for my spring break to visit my friend Marissa, hoping to relax a little and get some sunshine and warmth after finishing the written part of my thesis (for the most part done in the cave- piled –with- books that my room has become). I landed on the runway and had a missed call from her, informing me that the first serious rainstorm of the season had just hit and was supposed to last for a few days. My first thought was that I wouldn’t be returning to NYC with a nice tan after all… bummer. But the next day, we went walking in the rain, and my chagrin melted away as I had my first look at the Big Easy. First of all, warm rain is an altogether different experience than the cold and stinging rain I’m used to in New York. Apparently, it also makes for great pictures- the bright colors of the city really pop against the grey sky. Seeing a new city for the first time is always an exciting adventure, and though I had different expectations, New Orleans was just as easy as ever in the rain, and I got the escape from my own city that I had been seeking. I think more than anything I needed a change of scenery, or maybe even just the time to take in the scenery. Above are some of the shots I took. See more on my flickr page.

No comments: